Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rant

Common sense, ahh such a wonderful thing I have, I admit at times I do seem to lack it but for the most part I think im pretty switched on.

So what do I have to rant about.. im ranting about 10 cents. BUT its not the 10 cents im ranting about, its the situation surrounding the 10 cents and the moron of the sales asistant that served me.

So i went to buy something for $3.60. I had a bit of coins in my wallet so i wanted to get rid of it so i gave the sales assistant a $5 note and 3 x 20 cent coins with the expectation of getting $2 change. Simple right?
apparently not.. she looked at me.. looked at the coins.. looked at the bag of goods... looked at the price.. and im thinking woman its $2 change what is wrong with you... she turns to the cash register... and comes back with $1.90.

Ive looked at it .. and went o.O politely told her i gave her $5.60 so i should have $2 change (i now have ended up with more coins than i intially wanted) She then argued with me to tell me i gave her $5.50 not $5.60.

Now here could be where i was wrong... i could potentially have mistaken one of the 20cents for a 10cents, BUT if i had done that.. and i had really did give her $5.50 ... then why on earth did she not return me the 50cents as soon as i had given it to her and told me i had given her too much money? Why would you turn around and put into the cash register $5.50 and return the customer $1.90 change and give them more coins? Wouldnt common sense tell you to let the customer know there was more money given than necessary???
Why would i be stupid enough to give someone $5.50 for something that only costs $3.60 without having a reason.

This exact same thing happened when i was in thailand with a gf of mine where the sales assistant takes off with more money given for an item than was necessary then continued to argue with us we had given her a different figure.

I remembered when i worked in retail i would always check over the money given.. and if it didnt make sense why they had given me excess notes/coins i would always return it to them first and only take what i need to put into the cash register, unless they specifically requested to exchange the notes/coins for something else.

I could not be bothered standing there argueing with her over 10cents so I gave her a death stare and walked off.

Morons.

No comments: